Frequently asked questions
- Who can apply for a Tag?
- How do I apply?
- How much does it cost?
- Can I have more than one DART-Tag on my account?
- How should I calculate my initial payment?
- How should I calculate my monthly payment?
- Will my Tag expire?
- What happens to my Tag during the no charge period (10pm to 6am)?
- Can I use my Dart Tag anywhere else?
- Can I change my monthly payments?
- Will I receive a statement?
- How do I know if I am running short of credit?
- What happens if I do run out of credit?
- What if I lose the Tag or if it is stolen?
- If I wish to cancel the agreement – will I get a refund?
- I have a Tag already. How do I apply for the Local Resident Scheme?
1. Who can apply for a Tag?
Tags are available for both Commercial and Private use. There are 3 classes of tags, Car, Twin Axle and Multi Axle. You do not need to be a regular user, however, you must use your Tag at least once a year or you may be asked to return it.
2. How do I apply?
Complete and submit the application form. If you elect to pay a fixed amount each month by direct debit complete either:
If you wish to make payments by cheque, cheques should be made payable to ‘Dartford (Dart-Tag)’. Please send cheques to: Connect Plus (M25) Limited, FREEPOST RSCZ-LGUR-UHRX, Dartford DA1 2BR.
3. How much does it cost?
The Tag is free, but remains our property and the charges are less than they are for cash. We ask you to make an initial minimum payment of £10 per Tag to enable you to use your DART-Tag immediately, followed by payments the amount of which you choose. The initial payment is not a deposit. It will be credited to your account and the charge for each journey will be deducted from it, as you use the service. Your account must remain in credit at all times or the tag will not work.
4. Can I have more than one DART-Tag on my account?
Fleet operators, small businesses and private users with more than one vehicle can all make multiple applications on one account.
5. How should I calculate my initial payment?
However you choose to pay, ensure your account always remains in credit. If you elect to pay a fixed amount each month by direct debit your initial payment should be sufficient to ensure your account remains in credit until we can collect your first monthly payment. Suggested payments for each class of Tag are shown on the application form.
6. How should I calculate my monthly payment?
However you choose to make your payments, they should always be sufficient to ensure your account remains in credit. If you have elected to pay a fixed amount each month, a calculation based on the average number of trips you make each month multiplied by the charge rate for your vehicle will be calculated on the application form. If you require more than one Tag on your account the calculation will be made for each Tag and a total given on the application form.
7. Will my Tag expire?
There is no expiry date. Your credit will last for as long a period as you wish. This will vary depending on how much credit you have paid into your account, your class of tag, the number of tags on your account and the number of journeys you make. You must make at least one trip in any twelve month period for each Tag.
8. What happens to my Tag during the no charge period (10pm to 6am)?
During the no charge period the tag will not be read and no charge will be made to your account.
9. Can I use my Dart Tag anywhere else?
The Dart-Tag can only be used at the Dartford-Thurrock Crossing.
10. Can I change my monthly payments?
However you choose to make your payments, you can change the value to suit your needs as they change. If you elect to pay a fixed amount each month by direct debit you can change the value of your monthly payments at any time by giving written notice to Connect Plus (M25) Limited.
11. Will I receive a statement?
You can choose to receive an E-Statement, a paper statement or no statement, either when you set up your account or by selecting your chosen option when amending your account details.
12. How do I know if I am running short of credit?
If your account is running short of credit, you will see a message on the Dart-Tag system lane display saying ‘Low Credit’. You may also use our website to check your balance and top-up your account.
13. What happens if I do run out of credit?
If you run out of credit, you must pay your charges in cash at the time of crossing. If this happens to you frequently, consider increasing your regular payment so that you gain maximum benefit from the service.
14. What if I lose the Tag or if it is stolen?
If you lose your Tag or it is stolen, notify Connect Plus (M25) Limited immediately and you will not be charged for any misuse of your account after that time. Please note that the company reserves the right to make a charge for Tags that are lost, stolen or damaged. We may also charge for any tag that is not returned on our request.
15. If I wish to cancel the agreement – will I get a refund?
If you wish to close your DART-Tag account, return your tag to Connect Plus (M25) Limited, notifying us that you no longer need to use the service. Any remaining credit on your account will then automatically be refunded.
16. I have a Tag already. How do I apply for the Local Resident Scheme?
If you are already an account holder and become eligible for the Local Resident Scheme you can complete a Local Resident Application form and inform us of your current DART-Tag account number.